Working together to achieve excellence in patient care, education and research in hematology in Iraq.
The mission of Iraqi Society of haematology is to advance knowledge in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of haematological diseases through achieving the following objectives to advance the knowledge and practice of transfusion medicine, as well as promote research, training and interests in haematological diseases and transfusion medicine.
- Regularly organizes or supports educational events related to the recognition, treatment and prevention of haematological diseases.
- The Society contributes actively to medical education at all levels, and also collaborates with other local and international medical and haematological societies and professional groups on basic and clinical research into haematological diseases and transfusion medicine.
- Improve the technology of haematological diagnosis and clinical practice in different haematological subspecialties.
- strengthen the communications between academic research institutions and public health centers.
- Contribute to education and practice of haematology in different governance inside Iraq.
- Standardize haematological methods and guidelines.
History or Story
The Iraqi Society of Haematology has been founded in 2001 to promote and raise the exchange of information relating to haematological diseases from clinical and diagnostic perspectives. The Society is aimed to serve as a forum for bringing together Iraqi hematologists specialists in clinical and lab, and physicians who are involved in the practice of haematology in Iraq and abroad.
In 2001, by Iraqi leaders of haematology from the clinical and laboratory departments including Dr. Mayada Alnuaimi, Dr. Ferial Hilmi, Dr Ali Moslem, Dr. Foad Al kasab, Dr. Ali Mohamed Jawad, Dr. Azhar Sabeeh and Dr. Abdulmajeed Alwan, the ISOH stablished.
In 2003-2005 because the Iraqi governmental changes, all activities of ISOH was stopped till 2006 when the re-election of ISOH member was done and Dr. Nabeel Salman was elected as a head of ISOH. This achievements was continued till Dec. 2018 when the society got the approval and reactivated from the Iraqi Ministry Of Higher Education and Scientific Research to re-establishing the society for legal activation by second election for choosing the members of ISOH from 2019-2023.
- Annual conference since 2006, the last conference where in Baghdad 2019,
- Updating Iraqi haematology guideline V1, V2. and new haematology therapy enlisting,
- Help and supporting to establishing haematology centers cross over Iraq