The mission of Iraqi Society of haematology is to advance knowledge in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of haematological diseases through achieving the following objectives to advance the knowledge and practice of transfusion medicine, as well as promote research, training and interests in haematological diseases and transfusion medicine.
- Regularly organizes or supports educational events related to the recognition, treatment and prevention of haematological diseases.
- The Society contributes actively to medical education at all levels, and also collaborates with other local and international medical and haematological societies and professional groups on basic and clinical research into haematological diseases and transfusion medicine.
- Improve the technology of haematological diagnosis and clinical practice in different haematological subspecialties.
- strengthen the communications between academic research institutions and public health centers.
- Contribute to education and practice of haematology in different governance inside Iraq.
- Standardize haematological methods and guidelines.